There is a simple HP Service that is loaded in your system at the time the printer is loaded. The name of this service is the
HP CUE Discovery Service
Something in this service does not communicate correctly with Windows Vista.
There is a simple way to solve this issue.
- Go to your Start window and in the text box at the bottom of the start menu type services.msc
- Windows Vista will broadcast a message asking if you want to run this Management Console, you will want to say yes.
- Once your services.msc opens up you will want to find the services starting with the letter H. Look for HP CUE DISCOVERY SERVICE
- Right click on this service and choose properties.
- A window will be opening and you will see a drop down box labeled startup type. Choose disabled.
- Then you will see buttons labeled Start - Stop - Pause - Resume. Choose stop.
- Finally click ok and reboot your computer(you do not need to reboot, however it is good measure)
- The last step is to reload your Photosmart printer drivers.
Good luck and Happy Printing.